Skip to main content

Entopia Penang Butterfly Farm New Year 2022 visit

Entopia - by Penang Butterfly Farm

It’s New Year holiday! I have extended my holiday at the end of this year of 2021 until the beginning of 2022 as MCO has been ease up for travelling and I foresee a lot of people at the end of the year. Therefore, both I and my wife had made a decision to pay a visit to Entopia, a butterfly farm located at the north of Penang Island, Teluk Bahang after everyone had gone back to work after the long holiday.

I chose the date 5th Jan 2022 just after 2022 New Year celebration and have called the number from the website upfront prior my visit to confirm their availability as every Wednesday is closed for Entopia normally but this Wednesday is special for Entopia to open for business during this holiday period to make up for the loss incurred during the MCO time.

After my visit, I have tried to check on their website and since then, they are closed for every Wednesday and hence, my visit on that day has only minimal visitor with roughly 10 cars on the parking lot.


“Not crowded. I can have more relaxing time with my family”


Let me talk a little history about the wonderful butterfly farm in Penang. This butterfly farm is self-created by David Goh back in 1985 and re-make up in 2014 which has been renamed to the now Entopia and since then have attracted a lot of visitors. I have first notice this place when I went to Teluk Bahang dam back in 2017 with a different exterior decoration.

Back to my story. We embarked at 11:50am from my home at Bukit Mertajam and it takes my 2 hours to reach there at a distance of 53.2km.

I did not manage to snap the total time of my summary driving duration but I can assure that the time displayed is 1 hour and 56 minutes.

After that, I immediately purchase 2 tickets as child less than 4 years old is FOC entrance.

Without hesitation, we have rushed in the main door to avoid the extremely hot weather outside with only us as visitors.

We are provided with wrist band and required to wear it upon check in.

Inside the entrance, we are greeted by the spirit of Entopia and green leaves with a breeze of cold air inside. Total different environment is suddenly changed from the outside busy life.

There is a guide map just in front of the entrance to show the overall place and sections as well as walk path so we know whereabouts of my current location. This place is categorized with 3 main sections which are jungle trail and David's garden, both outdoor area and cocoon indoor area.


Next, I will just post some photos about some reptiles and bugs in this place and also a video about the environment showcase.

























Facilities inside here include male and female restroom, OKU restroom, baby feeding room, male and female surau, in-house restaurant and also merchandise shop to purchase some special gift to bring back for those who come from far away.






If you wonder how is it to feel and experience the joyful scene then please take some time to see the video below.


Entopia is another extremely great place to catch around in Penang and I can say it is also one of its kind. The ticket is appropriately priced with ample of small lovely life for us to explore and its relaxing environment. Although is it a bit far away but we can stop at some beach along Batu Ferringhi while on the way back to mainland for a final stop before finishing our memory day.


Opening Times : 9:00am – 6:00pm
Last ticket sale and entry is at 5:00 p.m.
Closed on every Wednesday.

Comments